The COVID-19 pandemic brought about years of change in the way organizations and companies do business. Based on a McKinsey Global Survey of executives, organizations have expedited the digitalization of their customers and supply-chain interactions including internal operations by an estimate of three to four years. Almost all respondents said that they implemented temporary solutions to solve problems that arose from the pandemic. But one thing stuck out when asked about the impact of the pandemic on a range of measures — they said that putting funds for modernization and digital initiatives have increased above all else. During the pandemic, companies have responded to consumers moving drastically towards online channels.
This accelerated digitalization has left companies scrambling to keep up with customers who are now even more connected in a post-COVID world.
This is where Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions like Salesforce come in.
Basically, CRM software helps break siloed data between departments to give companies a complete view of their customer interactions with their brand. Using a CRM solution, employees across marketing, sales, commerce, service, and IT departments can share a single customer view with any device regardless of location.
This gives companies a deeper understanding of their customers and also creates a better experience for customers when interacting with the company.
CRM software tools allow your company to keep track of personal information, purchase history, progress, preferences, and all other information associated with your customers. Nowadays, customers want to be treated as individuals and not just random buyers. That is why relationships with your customers matter so much, regardless of the scale of your company.
For your CRM implementation to be successful, your company needs to focus on these best practices:
Select a CRM that best suits your needs – Not all CRM solutions are the same. Researching which CRM solution is best for your company can be the first step. Do you prefer cloud-based operations or do you want one that is located on-site? Does your company need an in-depth, customizable feature, or is a basic one enough? Take your time to weigh every option available before making a final decision.
Put in some time training your workforce – If your company cannot fully utilize your CRM, then it will be just another expensive filing system. When acquiring a CRM solution, focus on helping your employees understand the entire software and how to take advantage of its features.
Rely on automation – CRM solutions can help your business to grow by doing most of the heavy workload when it comes to customer relationships. This means that the majority of the work associated with data entry can be automated. Automation will decrease the chances of errors sneaking into your system and will also free up your employees from wasting time on these types of repetitive tasks.
Emphasize collaboration – CRM solutions, compared to traditional systems, improves cooperative efforts. CRM makes all information accessible throughout your organization, which can help lessen confusion and break barriers of siloed data. This will enable your employees to have a continuity of service with customers since all data can be accessed by your team.
Keep it simple – The complexities of CRM options can be overwhelming. Do not go out of your way to invest in CRM features that you think will not benefit your organization. Choose something that is simple yet effective
Before transitioning your business to a CRM solution, make sure that there is a solid foundation of data protection for your business. Business risk is relatively higher during the transformative phase. With the help of dotSolved CRM experts, transitioning should not be a problem.
dotSolved helps small, medium, and enterprise organizations streamline their customer experience delivery. The dedicated consulting team at dotSolved brings more than a decade of experience with Salesforce CRM to help you with:
- Business Process Transformation – dotSolved can make your business process work and help lessen total costs while increasing efficiency. Talk with our subject matter experts to systematically define and execute the processes that suit your specific industry, business, and software
- Cloud Migration Strategy – A cloud roadmap for your business is important. dotSolved helps in planning and executing the migration strategy after the audit of existing systems, strategy analysis together with operational support, and re-architecture.
- Implementation and Upgrade – Our Salesforce dedicated experts are highly experienced in any scale of international implementation footprint. We can provide the right business process and industry-leading practice that is scalable with your business growth.
- Managed Services – dotSolved can deliver functional, technical, and complete end-to-end support functions as managed services for your company’s system both from our onsite and offshore models.
- Staff Augmentation – Our team of seasoned consultants can help your company with an in-depth understanding of your organization and business needs with the highest level of professional standards.
- Force.com Development – dotSolved has helped product companies and enterprises conceptualize, design, build, roll out, and manage applications, add-ons, and accelerators on the Force.com platform.